Sunday 5 April 2009

Dental Implants

Well here I am four weeks after that awful day when I had all my top teeth removed. I survived the pain and discomfort and am now feeling as though this 'temporary' plate is part of my life (no choice). Honestly though I have taken it as part of me and now am waiting for 17Th April when they will make a dent in the bottom set of teeth. At least I know what to expect and most importantly, how to deal with it. I have made a decision based on how I am coping, the economic situation and job insecurity. I am not going with the implants. I really feel such a fraud but apparently this does happen. I really cannot spend all that money in the present climate and not know how long my employment will be safe. I suppose I could just say 'sod it' and spend some of my savings but it is a long life that I hope to live and my magic ball is not working very well at present so I cannot see what all the eventualities are. I have to believe that I have made the correct decision. I also have to say that all the people that have seen me so far have commented on the natural appearance of this top denture. I must admit they are looking good and when the permanent ones are done, my dentist assures me that they will be even better. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment